PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Peace Of Love // Radical Self Loving v. 01

Just the other day, I came across this post about "Don't Dim Your Light To Please Others, Learn To Direct It" and I felt it was the right omp to introduce one of my post topics, Radical Self Loving.


RuPaul has this thing where she says "If you don't love yourself, how the hell you going to love anyone else? Can I get an amen up in here?!" at the end of every RuPaul's Drag Race episode. For me, that speaks everything about loving exactly who you are before you can appreciate everything else in life.

But for others, I can see where they are stuck with loving themselves. In order to "werk" it, learn from this pro on how not to give a fuck what anyone else thinks about you and learn to Please Yourself with these two simple tips in order to give your middle finger to the next person who tells you that they want you to be a "certain person" for them.
This is a scenario that has happened to everyone. One time in your life, there has been that one person to tell you that you hate a lot of stuff, are overly-happy, wayyyyy too bitchy, extremely over-powering, or something in "that" category. When someone has said such things, it is hard not to take the comment to heart.

You know what though, let them say those things about you. If someone doesn't like what YOU are doing, then let them have their moment of self-pity on you. You keep glowing like a magnetic presence and let your radiance shine. There are plenty of people out there who will appreciate your glow and will illuminate your presence into their own. Such glow can give other individual's the confidence that they need in order to succeed in their own life and will give them a reason to be like "hey, I want to scream out whenever I feel like it and not bottle my happiness because others think its 'out-of-the-norm'".

For me, I play the penis game out in public with my man. He also participates in the Pineapple game, the quick "bump-and-grind" (stop being dirty! we are that kind of couple who loves being intimate with one another and will let the other know whenever we need to), and will "play-fight" even though some people have asked us if we're in such an abusive relationship. I promise you!


Whatever it is that you feel necessary to do, just do it already. There is absolutely no reason for you to dim yourself or contract your energy for anyone or any person on the planet. So from this tip, let your freak fly and not give a damn who cares otherwise!

This tip plays off the first one with not giving a crap what anyone thinks when it comes to what you want to do. If you don't like a certain thing, but you feel the need to do so because of it being a new trend and that you can maybe connect with people more, then do not do it. People will see that you are doing it just for the compliments and not because you actually want to do it. They will see right through to the lack of your enthusiasm when it comes to what you "try" to like.

Coming from a Juggalette herself and has been an example of reject by society, learn the simple fact that it is better to learn to love yourself with what
you want to do rather than to have a million friends and feel lonely on the inside because you really do not like what others love. 


I do the things I do by my standards and my standards only. I was only in fifth grade when I first listened to Carnival of Carnage. From there, people heckled me about it and tried to then "mold" me into them. The "so-called" friends that I did have soon realized that they didn't need me anymore because quite frank, its useless to dress a pig that tries to get away at all costs. Although I did not have that many friends in school, I felt content with who I was and what I wanted to be despite what others thought of me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Do a favor for me the next time someone tells you that you are way too much of something or tries to mold you into something that you're not. Give them the middle finger for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover